Union Organiser - West Coast
The PSA is the largest union in New Zealand and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 130 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 60,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services.
The focus of the PSA is to advance the rights and conditions of members through a strategic partnership approach. Organisers work with members and delegates and engage strategically to build union organisation to achieve the best results for PSA members.
The PSA has a vacancy for a permanent part-time organiser (0.6) on the West Coast based in our office in Greymouth.
We are looking for someone with:
- A commitment to the work of trade unions.
- An ability to improve the quality of PSA members’ working lives.
- The capability to build durable working relationships with members, employers, government and industry representatives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
For an application pack email email@example.com or phone (04) 816-5024.
Applications close 4pm Friday 10 July 2015.