Online Organiser – membership recruitment
The PSA is the largest union in New Zealand and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 130 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 60,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services.
The focus of the PSA is to advance the rights and conditions of members through a strategic partnership approach. Organisers work with members and delegates and engage strategically to build union organisation to achieve the best results for PSA members.
The PSA has a vacancy for a permanent full-time online organiser. We prefer the position to be located in our Wellington office, to allow for better connection with our Wellington-based on-line organising team. Due to the nature of the role, with a telephone and computer based recruitment focus, the location may be in another PSA office in the country. The ability to work with the online team is important; the successful candidate would need to be an integral part of this team, no matter what location.
The role of the online organiser is to provide a centralised online organising service which supports the wider PSA organising activity.
This position is a specialist role within the organising centre. The primary focus is the provision of phone and on-line active membership recruitment.
We are looking for someone with:
- A commitment to the work of trade unions, expressed through a desire to recruit new union members
- An ability to improve the quality of PSA members’ working lives.
- A friendly, professional phone-based approach to people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to assimilate information quickly in relation to benefits and promotional points for each site
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A proven background in sales and marketing experience, including outbound calling, is desirable.
For an application pack email email@example.com or phone (04) 816-5024.
Applications close 4pm Friday 29 May 2015.