Te Rūnanga o Ngā Toa Āwhina Kōmiti, in the best interests of all Māori members, is committed to providing a better working life for Māori workers that promotes unity and strength for Māori members across the union of the PSA.
- Māori origins, customs and traditions should be considered, respected and appreciated as a whole.
- To be effective in responding to the needs and aspirations of Māori, we must uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles.
- We strive for strong participation and consultation processes to create effective decision making for Māori membership.
- We build strong delegate capability within the delegate structure of Te Rūnanga.
To ensure we maintain these values, we have introduced Māori kaupapa that is consistent with the Māori world view to help us define and maintain our focus on the betterment of working lives for Māori across the union.
Ngā Kaupapa also asks PSA Māori members to be role models in practice and that in doing so they educate, inform and protect their colleagues within the realm of the Māori world view.
These Kaupapa support the PSA’s commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to advancing the ‘principles of partnership, protection and participation in activities pursuant to the purpose and objectives of the union as they relate to the working lives of members’.
- Download Ngā Kaupapa for tablet or phone pdf | 210 KB | Last Changed: 02/11/2016 4:13pm