Mental Health & Addictions Committee
We are the union for mental health & addiction workers.
The Mental Health & Addictions Committee advocates for the unique needs of mental health workers. Focusing on sector-specific issues, we're working to improve the pay and conditions for mental health & addiction workers.
About the Committee
The committee is made up of PSA members working in mental health & addictions in the DHB, Community Public Services and Public Service sectors. Meeting regularly, committee members bring issues from the sector to the table for action and discussion.
Our vision is for everyone in Aotearoa New Zealand to have access to free, high-quality public mental health and addiction recovery care provided by well-trained, valued and fairly rewarded staff working in safe conditions.
Recently, we’ve been active in:
- Campaigning for and engaging in each stage of the Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction
- Making a submission on the Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Amendment Bill
- Making a submission in support of the formation of a Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission
- Submitting to the Ministry of Health’s Mental Health and Addictions Workforce Action Plan;
- Advocating for better funding and support for mental health services;
- Looking at the potential impacts of social bonds on PSA members and their communities.