PSAY is a network that aims to build union organisation amongst workers aged 35 and under.
All PSA members aged 35 and under are automatically part of the PSA Youth network, recieving regular updates and able to attend PSA Youth events.
North Island Provincial Co-convenor: Ben Hoeberechts
Consisting of over 12,000 members and growing, PSA Youth is the largest of the PSA's networks. We run regular leadership training, host local events and make sure that the youth voice is represented at all levels of the PSA's structure. Getting involved with PSAY is the easiest way to step up your union involvement and meet other awesome young working New Zealanders.
- Increase youth participation and engagement in the PSA and the structures of the union and the workplace
- Support the sustainability of unions in New Zealand by helping to modernise the union movement
- Grow youth membership of the PSA
- Grow and increase participation in the PSAY network and wider PSA structures
- Build young leaders within the network, workplaces and our Union
- Inform and educate members about youth issues
- Influence policy, practice and public opinion on issues important to our young members
- Influence policy and practice of the PSA and other unions
Join the movement!
We have strong links with Stand Up, New Zealand’s youth union movement.
Find out more about Stand Up on Facebook.