Life Preserving Services
- DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING regarding the provision of LPS without checking with your organiser first. Posters and pamphlets advising members on this are available.
- The PSA and Senior HR will agree to a small number of staff who need to stay back at work during the strikes to ensure Life Preserving Services are maintained.
- Non-members are expected to do life preserving services first. If there aren't enough non-members we ask managers to volunteer first and then if additional staff are required volunteers from members.
- No other arrangements should be made informally or formally by managers to keep union members back at work.
- It is unlawful for a manager to keep any other staff back who want to join us.
- If additional staff are required on the day due to an emergency, they will contact the union and we will arrange for these individuals to return to work.
- An LPS needs to be signed for each strike and additional strike action that we notify.
The LPS covering your DHB can be found below.
April 13th-14th Action
- 2 X Anaesthetic Techs on-call off-site at Lvl 9, ACH and SSH
April 8th Action
- 2 X Anaesthetic Techs (AT), GSC and 2 X AT at Lvl 9, ACH and 4 X AT at Lvl 8, ACH and 2 X AT at Lvl 4, ACH and 3 X AT at SSH (13 in total)
- 3 X Sterile Supply Techs (SST), GSU and 6 X SST, ACH
- 3 X Biomed Technicians at ACH and ACH Oncology (3 in total)
- 3 X Physiotherapists at ACH and SSH (3 in total)
- 1 X Social worker, ACH and 1 X SSH
- 1 X Pharmacist and Pharmacy Tech at ACH and 1 X Pharmacist and 2 X Pharmacy Tech at PAPU (5 in total)
- 1 X Social worker or Occupational Therapist at GSC MHS
- 2 X Histology Techs and 3 X Pathologist Assistants at Carbine Rd
- 2 X Health Protection Officers, GSC
April 13th-14th action
- 2 X Anaesthetic Techs at MMH and 1 X at MSC on site and on-call for unexpected clinical complications
- 1 X Sterile Supply Technician at MMH on site and on duty
- 1 Scientist, MMH for Histology frozen sections only
April 8th action
- 4 X Physiotherapists, MMH
- 1 X Scientist, MMH
- 2 X Senior Pharmacists, 2 X Clinical Pharmacists, 2 X Pharmacy Technicians, MMH
- 7 X Anaesthetic Technicians, MMH
- 5 X Sterile Supply Technicians, MMH and 2 X MSC
April 8th Action
- 4 X Anaesthetic Technicians, NSH and 1 X Anaesthetic Technician, WTH
- 1 X Renal Technician at NSH, WTH and Apollo Drive (3 in total)
- 1 X Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician at NSH and WTH
- 1 X Physiotherapist, NSH
- 1 X Laboratory Scientist, WTH
- Anaesthetic Technicians at NSH and ESC be prepared to work OT in unforeseen clinical circumstances
- 1 X Pharmacist at NSH and WTH (two in total) on call
April 15th 24-hour strike
- 4 X Anaesthetic Technicians, NSH and 1 X Anaesthetic Technician, WTH, on call and on-site
- 1 X Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician at NSH and WTH, on call on-site for 10 hours and then on-call off-site
- 1 X Renal Technician at NSH, WTH and Apollo Drive (3 in total), on-site for 10 hours
- 1 X Physiotherapist, NSH, on-site on-call, 1 X Physiotherapist, WTH, off-site on-call, and 1 X Respiratory Therapist, NSH and WTH, off-site on-call
- 2 X CSSD Technicians, on-site on-call 1500-2359
- 1 X Hyperbaric Technician, on-site on-call
- Lab technicians to cover Microbiology, Biochemistry, Haematology and Specimen Reception