The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is New Zealand’s largest union representing workers in central and local government, health and community services. The PSA works to advance the rights and interests of members and to build a sustainable union organisation for the future.
We have a vacancy within our five-person assistant secretary leadership team. The assistant secretary is responsible for the PSA’s industrial functions in each of our sectors. This leadership role manages and leads organising and other teams, as well as fulfilling other responsibilities such as network liaison, ‘portfolio’ work, and HR duties. The assistant secretary reports to the PSA’s national secretaries.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- A high level of experience in union organisation and employment relations
- Ability to work constructively with employers and other external agencies
- Ability to initiate strategies to advance the PSA’s goals and objectives
- Sound industrial judgement and a good understanding of PSA organising practice
The PSA is committed to honouring the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi pursuant to the purpose and objects of the union. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will be considered an asset.
The PSA is also an EEO employer.
This role can be based in one of the New Zealand’s major cities.
The PSA will not apply a 90 day trial period to new appointments.
Please apply for an application pack to: email@example.com or ph 04 816 5036 should you have any questions.
Applications close at noon on Monday 5 September.