Ministry for Primary Industries
The union for MPI staff
Kia ora and welcome to the PSA at the Ministry for Primary Industries. This information is for PSA members only.
We have 1400 members throughout NZ, in most areas and departments of MPI. The union works on -
- National issues affecting all members
- Workplace issues affecting a number of members in a workplace or department
- Individual member support and advice including disciplinary matters
Strong Collective Agreement
The Collective Agreement at MPI which provides a comprehensive set of employment terms and conditions. It's bargained regularly so we can negotiate pay and seek to improve your conditions.
Support for members
The union is supported by dozens of member volunteers (workplace delegates). To support members and delegates there are PSA union organisers (officials) throughout NZ.
Comments / want to know something? Email the PSA MPI national organiser here
General Salary Range -
- introduction of a stepped pay system at the 2019 Bargaining
- including realignment (increases) to meet the Public Service median
- this provided many benefits to members, higher midpoints for each range, automatic progression, and increased transparency
Support Officer pay jolt - Pay band "I" removed, all Support Officers / admin roles moved to higher band "H"and a pay movement to reward experience not recognised historically.
Building better union / management involvement - regular union / senior managers meetings
Dog Handlers roster dispute Auckland - Long standing dispute settled following a roster review.
Fishery Observers - new Collective Agreement for these employees