Ministry for Primary Industries
The union for MPI staff
Kia ora and welcome to the PSA at the Ministry for Primary Industries. This information is for PSA members only.
We have 1400 members throughout NZ, in most areas and departments of MPI. The union works on -
- National issues affecting all members
- Workplace issues affecting a number of members in a workplace or department
- Individual member support and advice including disciplinary matters
Strong Collective Agreement
The Collective Agreement at MPI which provides a comprehensive set of employment terms and conditions. It's bargained regularly so we can negotiate pay and seek to improve your conditions.
Support for members
The union is supported by dozens of member volunteers (workplace delegates). To support members and delegates there are PSA union organisers (officials) throughout NZ.
Some of our successes (there are many!)
- removing the previous "discretionary" pay system and replacing it with a open and clear step pay system
- significant equal pay jolt for lower paid Support / Admin staff
- dozens of members supported through individual issues and disciplinary processes
Comments / want to know something? Email the PSA MPI national organiser here
Facebook (private groups, members only)
- "PSA MPI General staff" https://www.facebook.com/groups/psampi
- "PSA MPI Border Staff" https://www.facebook.com/groups/psampiborderstaff
WhatsApp (private group)
"PSA MPI union members" https://chat.whatsapp.com/KptPDpahiUSCSVBQUDHD7R
See documents below