Ministry of Primary Industries
Kia ora and welcome to the PSA at Ministry of Primary Industries pages. This information is for PSA members only.
Other pages -
We have over 1,300 members throughout NZ, in most areas and departments of MPI.
The union works at three levels –
- National issues affecting all members
- Workplace issues affecting a number of members in a workplace or department
- Individual member support and advice including disciplinary matters
We have a Collective Agreement with MPI which provides for a strong and comprehensive set of employment terms and conditions. The Agreement is re-negotiated on a regular basis so we can negotiate pay and seek to improve your conditions.
Support for members
The union is supported by dozens of workplace delegates who are member volunteers.
To support members and delegates there are PSA union organisers (officials) throughout NZ.
Comments / want to know something?
Email the PSA MPI national organiser here
For Border news go to the Border page
For Fisheries Observer bargaining news go to the Bargaining page
- PSA organiser attended Fisheries Observer HSR meeting. 2 Oct
- PSA delegates and organiser met Fisheries Observers Director and management for our regular delegates / management meeting. 2 Oct
- PSA national organiser met Gary Orr, acting Director of Compliance for discussions. 1 Oct
- PSA and MPI have been sorting members who missed getting the union payment in the first payment run.
- Auckland Target Evaluators / Support Officers delegate group met for their regular monthly meeting. 4 Sep
- Target Evaluators and Support Officers Auckland delegates met together for the first of what will be ongoing regular meetings.
- The general collective agreement was ratified by over 900 members. The vote in favour was 94%.
- Bargaining negotiations have finished and members are voting - see Projects and Bargaining page
- Bargaining round 5 finished - 16 / 17 July
- Letter from Ray Smith - sent to Border PSA members regarding the bargaining Letter-to-Border-members-19.07.12.pdf - 12 Jul
- Fishery Observers delegates met with Rebecca Blowes, Director for their regular catch-up
- Auckland Target Evaluators and Support Officers delegates met to plan and organise - 1 Jul
- Bargaining - Next bargaining round (round 5) - 16 and 17 Jul
- Bargaining - PSA and MPI back in bargaining (round 4) - 12 and 13 Jun
2019 - previous news 2019
2018 - 2018-activity2.docx
Border Regional Ports Officers pay dispute - Long standing dispute following 2017 bargaining. Resolved at Mediation.
Compliance Services and PSA relationship - regular union / director meetings set up.
Dog Handlers roster dispute Auckland - Long standing dispute following a roster review. Resolved at Mediation.
Fishery Observers and PSA relationship - regular union / director meetings set up.
General Salary Range - introduction of a stepped pay system at the 2019 Bargaining.
Support Officer pay jolt - Pay band "I" removed, all Support Officers / admin roles moved to higher band "H"and a pay movement to reward experience not recognised historically. Part of our Equal Pay work.