Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all PSA holiday home bookings to ensure PSA members, their families and friends have an enjoyable holiday.
PSA HOLIDAY HOMES – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated April 2018
1. OCCUPANTS: The PSA holiday homes are available to PSA members and must be booked by PSA members only. The PSA expects that the member that has made the booking is in residence during the period of occupancy.
2. RESPONSIBILITY: The member who made the booking is responsible for compliance with these terms and conditions. The member is also responsible for the cost of any damage or degradation (whether accidental or wilful) and/or any financial loss incurred by PSA as a result of the occupancy.
3. PEAK PERIODS: During peak periods such as school and public holidays, a maximum of 7 nights may be booked by a member in a maximum of one unit.
4. OFF PEAK PERIODS: During off-peak periods there is no limit to the number of nights which may be booked by a member in a maximum of two units.
5. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES: Check in time is from 2:00 p.m. on the scheduled date of arrival and members must check out of the unit by 10:00 a.m. on the scheduled date of departure. Members are responsible for collecting and returning the key to the lock box or to the key holder.
6. CLEANING: Members are responsible for ensuring that the holiday home they have booked is clean and tidy when they vacate. Any units not left clean and tidy for the next member will incur a cleaning fee. A cleaning service is available in all locations. This service is arranged directly with the caretakers at least 24 hours prior to departure.
7. LINEN: Members are required to take their own top and bottom sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats, hand towels and tea towels. Failing to do so and sleeping directly on duvets or mattress protectors will incur cleaning costs for the bedding.
8. GROUPS: Parties and large gatherings are not permitted under any circumstances. The caretaker reserves the right to ask occupants to leave if this requirement is breached.
9. RESPECT: Disrespect shown to any of our caretakers, key holders or other members, family and friends is not tolerated. Noise to be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. The caretaker reserves the right to ask occupants to leave if these requirements are breached and this may result in restrictions on future use of the homes.
10. SMOKE FREE: All PSA holiday homes are strictly NO Smoking. Some locations have designated smoking areas. The caretaker reserves the right to ask occupants to leave if this requirement is breached and a cleaning fee will be charged.
11. ANIMAL FREE: All PSA holiday homes, buildings and properties are animal-free zones. Any member wishing to bring a working assistance dog (Guide and Hearing Assistance dogs) should contact the PSA to arrange at the time of booking. Pets, livestock or caged birds are not permitted on the properties, including the grounds and/or left in vehicles. Stray animals must not be fed or encouraged at any of our properties. The caretaker reserves the right to ask occupants to leave if these requirements are breached and where applicable a cleaning fee will be charged.
12. OVERCROWDING: Members are asked not to exceed the specified number of people per unit. To do so is a breach of the fire regulations and unfair to members staying in the other units. The caretaker reserves the right to ask occupants to leave if this requirement is breached.
13. BEHAVIOUR AND SUPERVISION: Members are responsible for the supervision and behaviour of children, guests and family members who may occupy or be visiting the units. Consideration needs to be shown to other members and those in neighbouring units and houses.
14. PERSONAL EFFECTS: PSA takes no responsibility for members’ vehicles and personal effects or those of visitors during the period of occupancy. Every endeavour will be made to return any belongings left in the holiday homes. Any unclaimed items will be held for 3 months and then given to our chosen charity.
15. DAMAGES AND BREAKAGES: Members should respect all PSA property and report any damage or breakages to the caretaker as soon as possible.
16. EMERGENCY DETAILS: Members are required to comply with the fire alarm and earthquake procedures that are located in each unit. The PSA does not provide civil defence supplies in case of emergency. PSA will provide up to date local emergency contact information on the noticeboards in every unit.
17. SITE CHECKS: Caretakers and PSA management reserve the right to visit the homes at any reasonable time to ensure that the PSA holiday homes are being used per these terms and conditions.
18. BALLOT PERIOD: Due to the demand for the summer school holiday period we run a ballot/allocation exercise to make the allocation as fair as possible to all members. The ballot closes in August each year.
19. PAYMENT POLICY: Payment is required:
a. One month before occupancy if the booking is made more than one month prior to occupancy.
b. At least ten working days before the first day of occupancy if the booking is made less than 30 days prior to occupancy.
c. Immediately for bookings made within ten working days prior to occupancy.
If payment is not made when due, PSA reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice to allow another member’s booking to be confirmed.
20. PAYMENT METHODS: Payments should be made by due date. Payment can be made by Bank Deposit, Visa/MasterCard or cheque.
21 CANCELLATION POLICY: A cancellation fee equal to one day’s rental will apply:
a. In the event that notice of cancellation is received less than ten working days before the first day of occupancy
b. If payment has not been made, the member is still liable for the cancellation fee.
If notice of cancellation is received ten working days or more before the first day of occupancy a full refund will be made.
22. COMPLAINT PROCESS: Complaints are to be made in writing by post to: PSA Holiday Homes, P O Box 3817, Wellington 6140; or by email to: email@example.com. The PSA has a complaint process, all complaints will be investigated, and a response sent to the member as soon as possible.
23. PSA RIGHTS: The PSA and/or the caretakers reserve the right, without any compensation and/or any reimbursement, to ask members to leave the unit and remove their belongings from the unit immediately if the PSA and/or the caretakers, at their sole discretion, deem that the member has used the unit in an irresponsible or unlawful manner or in a manner that will compromise the safety of, or cause damage and/or harm, to the unit, other members or guests, the caretaker, any other person, or the reputation of the PSA Holiday Homes.
The PSA reserves the right to monitor and manage bookings, cancellations and usage by members. Repetitive breaches of these terms and conditions, cancellations for non-payment, or other activity, which the PSA deems is unacceptable or unfair to other members, may result in the imposition of restrictions on future use of the homes.