Have you voted?
As union members we’re active and organised in our communities. That’s why we’re asking you to take someone – or a group of people with you when you vote this year.
If you know someone who might not vote here’s what you can do to support them to have their say:
Before Friday 22 September
- Support someone to enrol online or print enrolment forms here
- Arrange a car pool for people who don’t have transport to voting places
- Share the explanatory videos put together by the team at RockEnrol
- Direct people to one of the online political policy quizzes (we like this one)
On the day
- Remind your friends and neighbours to vote
- Offer to drive people who don’t have transport to a polling place
- Remember you cannot post anything on social media on election day that is likely to influence which party a person votes for.
You can enrol to vote right up until Friday 22 September at any advance voting place.
On election day, Saturday 23 September, all voting places will be open from 9.00am to 7.00pm.
Remember, you are legally entitled to have time away from work to go and vote on election day but you must be enrolled to vote by Friday 22 September. You cannot enrol on election day itself.