MPI projects and bargaining
Back to Main Page
The current Collective Agreement (CA) expires on 30 June. The Fisheries Observers have their own CA which expired 31 March.
- The Agreements remain in force for a further 12 months past the expiry date to allow us time to bargain to renew them
- We are looking at bargaining both Agreements at the same time.
- We have over 1,400 members at MPI
What do we want out of the Bargaining (our claims)?
- To retain and improve current terms and conditions
- A general, across the board pay increase to all wages and salaries
- A union member payment
To deal with some other key matters including -
- Improving the payments for out of hours work in its various forms.
- Listing the different out of hours / weekend work and roster arrangements that exist across MPI. Most of them aren’t recorded and appear to be inconsistent
- Other matters raised by members
- The national delegates will be meeting soon to discuss these claims and plan for bargaining
- There will be members meetings before bargaining starts to discuss the claims
Contact us / online
We have private Facebook groups for Border members and general MPI members.
We have a private WhatsApp channel
Our website is here and will contain bargaining information