Other pages -
Fisheries Observers Collective Agreement
Bargaining has finished and ratified.
We have successfully ratified with 100% of those who voted in favour of the proposed new Collective Agreement and terms of settlement. Thank you so much to everyone for your contributions to make this agreement finally happen. Julie Morton has been at this particular project for more than 10 years and we know some of you have been battling to get a Collective for much longer than that.
- The proposed Collective Agreement - you can download it here
- The Terms of Settlement (a list of the main negotiated points) - download here
- Member newsletter - was sent to all members on 5 Dec
Activity to date
- Delegates and organisers met with Justin and MPI HR for the latest bargaining round. We are very close to the end of the process and expect to have a proposed collective agreement for you to vote on in December. The outcome of the bargaining is looking good and we think most observers will be pleased with what’s on offer. 16 Nov
- The next bargaining dates are 11 and 12 November
- The bargaining in September did not go ahead as we wait for Government signoff. An update on the delay and why it is happening will be provided to union members at the Nelson Fisheries Observers conference.
- Next negotiation dates are 25 / 26 September.
- Negotiations with MPI took place on 14 and 15 August. Update
- New dates have been set for 15 / 16 August. In the meantime we will be meeting with management about current issues and to do work on any new pay system.
- Joint PSA / MPI Update, 30 May - Progress-update-on-Fisheries-Observer-PSA-Claim.pdf
- The negotiations set for 25 and 26 Mar have been moved back to 13 / 14 May. This is because of delays in getting Govt sign-off before MPI is allowed to formally bargaining.
- The first set of discussions / negotiations took place on 17 Dec 2018. Report back - Fisheries-Observers-bargaining-update-18-Feb-2019.docx
- The key claims were presented to MPI management on 26 Sep. The claims are here - 01-FishObs-key-claims-v6.pdf