NZDF bargaining update
The latest PSA update for members at NZDF.
National Delegate Meeting
Your National Delegates met with their new National Organiser, Cheryl Reynolds, on the 18/19/ 20 Feb for planning for 2014.
Bargaining in NZDF
It is nearly that time again. Your Collective Agreement is due to expire on 30 June 2014. Your National Delegates main focus at their meeting was on bargaining for 2014. They covered what was reached in the last negotiations and what needs to be focused on for June this year. We met with Shelly Thompson (Manager HR Advisory Services) and proposed some pre bargaining work that the teams could do in advance of bargaining and gave some dates for NZDF and PSA to start bargaining.
Your proposed bargaining team is:
Bargaining Members meetings
We will be holding members meetings on your site from the 20 March through to the 10 April. Look out for the meeting near you. It is very important you come along and discuss what issues your team will be taking into bargaining this year.
Proposed Bargaining issues
At the members meeting we will be discussing the proposed bargaining issues in more detail with members and asking you to prioritise these issues.
The proposed main issues are:
- A “One Collective” – this would incorporate A, B and C. Maintaining all current provisions but allowing them all to be seen in one document.
- Pay increase for all members
- No claw backs of terms and conditions
- Updating of Collective – eg: including policies into the Collective Agreement for a “one stop shop” for members on information that you can access. Including your PDP process.
- Look at allowances – eg Eyewear
With the changes to this system coming soon we strongly advise all members to print a copy of their pay slip (including all your leave details) and put a copy in a safe place to check that the information when HRMIS goes live is correct.
Watch your local notice board, lunch room and emails for updates as we will keep you informed on the lead up to bargaining and when bargaining starts.