Progressive Thinking: ten perspectives on tax
Welcome to our Budget week publication for 2017, which features ten leading authors, academics and campaigners writing journalistically on a broad range of topics in tax theory and policy, including contributions from Max Rashbrooke, Susan St John, Shamubeel Eaqub, Morgan Godfery and more.
Download HERE (low resolution PDF file, 3.3mb)
The booklet will be available to buy in physical form from Unity Books in Wellington and Auckland from Wednesday 24th May. All sales revenue will be donated to UnionAID, a New Zealand charitable trust that helps alleviate poverty and achieve social justice by supporting overseas workers to form unions and worker collectives.
- - -
Foreword by Glenn Barclay & Erin Polaczuk, PSA national secretaries
- Talking tax, with context and all that by Morgan Godfery
- History of tax policy in New Zealand by Dr Lisa Marriott
- What my parents taught me about tax (and fairness) by Max Rashbrooke
- Taxing wealth by Bill Rosenberg
- Four tax myths that might pop up this year by Keith Ng
- Tax and the Social Contract by Bob Stephens
- Climate change and tax policy by Paul Young
- New Zealand’s tax settings in an international context by Terry Baucher
- Tax and family assistance by Susan St John
- A light touch on foreign trusts and companies by Shamubeel Eaqub