Personal Travel Insurance
As a PSA member you are entitled to discounted travel insurance.
As a PSA member you are entitled to discounted travel insurance. The PSA is delighted to provide you with travel insurance at a discounted rate. We’ve negotiated a travel insurance product with Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited which is designed to protect you and your family when the unexpected happens on holiday.
Some of the key features* include;
- replacement value on all items up to 2 years of age
- no depreciation on specified items of jewellery/watches regardless of age
- High Age Limit
- up to 85 yrs of age (Single Trip policy) and 75 years of age (Annual Multi-Trip policy)
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions cover
- 53 conditions are automatically covered
- Choice of Excess options
- $0, $100 or $250 (a higher excess will reduce the premium)
- Home Help
- cover if you can’t do normal household duties (for more than 14 consecutive days) upon returning to New Zealand after an overseas medical expenses claim
- Loss of Income
- cover if you can’t resume work upon returning to New Zealand following an Accidental Injury while on a Journey
- Domestic Pets
- cover for pet boarding costs if a claim is accepted for overseas travel delay , which has delayed your return to New Zealand.
* Coverage and limits vary between policies and plans. Please refer to the Policy Wording for full details of cover, terms and
conditions and exclusions.
What types of policies can I choose from?
You can purchase a Single Trip Policy, which has 3 levels of cover to choose from. The amount of coverage, limits and premiums vary per plan;
- Essentials – the lowest premium option providing a basic level of cover
- Premium – similar to the Elite plan, with slightly less cover
- Elite – the highest level of cover available
Alternatively, if you travel frequently during the year and appreciate the economy and convenience of prearranged travel cover, the ‘Annual Multi-Trip’ policy is also available. The Annual Multi-Trip policy may also be offered for renewal after the initial Period of Insurance. If it is, Chubb will contact you directly before the renewal date so you won’t need to remember to arrange cover each year.
How do I get a Quote?
Simply click the button at the top of this page to get a quote. From there you can proceed straight to purchase and be covered immediately.
Will my policy cover ‘Pre-Existing’ medical conditions?
The policy automatically covers 53 pre-existing medical conditions; view this list here or read the full policy wordings to see which conditions are covered.
Single trip policy document (PDF, 4.9MB)
Annual multi-trip Policy (PDF, 700KB)
Note: there is no option to purchase cover for medical conditions which are not listed as covered.
Who is Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited?
ACE has recently acquired Chubb, creating a global insurance leader operating under the renowned Chubb name. Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, with operations in 54 countries, exceptional financial strength, and a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products. Chubb are committed to providing the very best insurance coverage and service to individuals and families, and businesses of all sizes.
For general enquiries call the Chubb Customer Services line 0800 422 346