PSA members receive a discounted rate for all policies quoted ONLINE.
- Please visit www.covermore.co.nz and apply the unique Promo Code PSATRAVEL to obtain a quote.
Cover-More Travel Insurance offers support and assistance whenever you need it.
Cover-More’s medical assistance team of travel advisors and medical specialists are on call around the clock, so the help you need is only ever a phone call away.
There are two types of policies available for PSA members
Cover-More’s medical assistance team of travel advisors, translators and medical experts are on call around the clock, so the help you need is only ever a phone call away.
There are two types of policy available for PSA members:
- Options Policy:
Cover-More’s comprehensive policy has a wide range of cover that includes overseas medical expenses, additional expenses and cancellation options. You can also choose to add on optional extras to suit your trip.
- Essentials Policy:
A base level product including medical, additional expenses and cancellation options.
See the FAQ below for more information about our Options and Essentials policies.
Cover-More FAQ and more information
- Domestic airlines, inter-island ferries, scenic rail travel, accommodation providers and tour operators may have non-refundable cancellation charges
- Rental car insurance excess cover is available
- Cover-More’s Options policy enables you to refine your levels of insurance cover to match your adventure level by adding Adventure cover, Snow sports cover or Motorcycle cover
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Virtual Care service (especially useful when travelling with children)
- Online claims (you can lodge your claim whilst travelling)
- 35 existing medical conditions are automatically covered subject to criteria. We offer on-the-spot assessments over the phone for any medical conditions not automatically covered by the policy (refer to policy wording for full details).
- Choose your level of cancellation cover
- Cover-More also automatically covers various pastimes and activities. Your participation in any of the activities listed is subject to the terms of cover.
Cover-More’s comprehensive product includes overseas medical expenses, additional expenses, cancellation options and unique optional extras so you can choose the right level of cover. Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the policy wording for full details. Note: Domestic cover is currently only available on the Options policy.
Essentials is a base level product including medical, additional expenses and cancellation options.
Both Options and Essentials are available as Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip policies. If you are a frequent traveller, rather than buying a Single Trip policy each time you travel, you may want to consider an Annual Multi-Trip policy. Please read the policy terms and conditions to see if it meets your needs.
- It can protect your prepaid travel arrangements
- Motorhomes, scenic trains, ferry across the Cook Straight, Otago Rail Trail cycling packages and prepaid holiday may have strict cancellation rules and refunds
- Cancellations due to illness, injury, or emergency medical operations can occur prior to a prepaid holiday.
- Cancellation prior to departure may result in the loss of deposits paid and in other instances, full cancellation fees might apply.
An accident can result in costly rental car insurance excess charges.
Cover-More is a leading travel insurance provider in New Zealand and Australia and has longstanding partnerships with major travel agency networks and airlines including Flight Centre Travel Group and Air New Zealand. Cover-More has operations in 22 countries across five continents with leading market positions also in Ireland, India, in the USA and in Latin America. Cover-More Group was acquired by Zurich Insurance Group in 2017.
- Weather is often the main culprit for travel delays and flight cancellations. When this occurs, it can result in additional accommodation expenses.
These benefits are only available on Options policies.
There is no cover for claims directly or indirectly arising from or caused by government travel bans; "Do not travel" warnings; government directed border closures; or mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel. There is no cover for any transport or accommodation costs arising from a government or public health authority directing you into a period of quarantine which is mandatory for travellers related to cross area, border, region or territory travel. (This exclusion applies regardless of you being diagnosed with COVID-19 or having come into contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19).
Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance administered by Cover-More (NZ) Ltd, underwritten and issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL) incorporated in Australia, ABN 13 000 296 640, trading as Zurich New Zealand. Consider the Policy Wording brochure and wording therein before deciding to buy this product. For further information see Zurich New Zealand's financial strength rating. © 2023 Cover-More Ltd.