PSA members receive a discounted rate off the standard quote when calling Cover-More’s customer service team and quoting PSATRAVEL.
Cover-More Travel Insurance offers peace of mind and the freedom to travel domestically or overseas with confidence, knowing you'll have support and assistance whenever you need it.
Cover-More’s medical assistance team of travel advisors, translators and medical experts are on call around the clock, so the help you need is only ever a phone call away.
There are two types of policy available for PSA members:
- Options Policy:
Cover-More’s comprehensive product with all the cover you expect from Cover-More, with some unique optional extras so you can tailor your cover.
A base level product including medical, additional expenses and cancellation options.
See the FAQ below for more information about our Options and Essentials policies.
Should you wish to amend your travel insurance policy dates or require a refund on your policy (some policies may only be partially refunded), please contact Cover-More's customer service team to discuss your options on 0800 500 225 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover-More FAQ and more information
- High non-refundable cancellation charges associated with domestic airlines, inter-island ferries, scenic rail travel, accommodation providers and tour operators (for example operators specialising in multi-night trekking or cycling adventures).
- Rental car insurance excess cover
- Kiwis are adventurous. Cover-More’s Options policy enables you to tailor your insurance cover to match your adventure level by adding Adventure cover, Snow sports cover or Motorcycle cover
- Many overseas events such as honeymoons have been cancelled recently due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and Kiwis are planning their honeymoons in New Zealand as an alternative
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Travel GP service (especially useful when travelling with children)
- Online claims (you can lodge your claim whilst travelling)
- 35 existing medical conditions are automatically covered by the YourCover and Essentials policies. We offer on-the-spot assessments over the phone for any medical conditions not automatically covered by the policy (refer to policy wording for full details).
- Cancellation cover option covering circumstances outside your control such as cancelling your trip due to redundancy
- Cover-More also automatically covers various pastimes and activities – click here to see the list. Your participation in any of the activities listed is subject to the terms of cover.
Options is Cover-More’s comprehensive product with all the cover you expect from Cover-More, with some unique optional extras so you can tailor your cover. Single trip policies sold after midnight on 27 October 2020 will receive additional benefits relating to specified COVID-19 related events when travelling in New Zealand and Australia. Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the policy wording for full details. Note: Domestic cover is currently only available on the Options policy.
Essentials is a base level product including medical, additional expenses and cancellation options. Please refer to the policy wording endorsement for full details here.
Both Options and Essentials are available as Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip policies. If you are a frequent traveller, rather than buying a Single Trip policy each time you travel, you may want to buy an Annual Multi-Trip policy.
Cancellation prior to travel
- Protect your pre-paid travel arrangements.
- Motorhomes, scenic trains, ferry across the Cook Straight, Otago Rail Trail cycling packages and pre-paid holiday cancellation policies are very strict.
- Cancellation due to redundancy, illness, injury, and medical operations can easily occur prior to a pre-paid holiday.
- Cancellation prior to departure will result in the loss of deposits paid and in other instances full cancellation fees often apply.
Rental Car Accident
- Resulting in costly rental car insurance excess and additional travel costs or cancellation fees as a result of a cancellation.
- Weather is often the main culprit for travel delays and flight cancellations, often resulting in additional accommodation. For example: snowstorms and fog.
Cover-More is a leading travel insurance provider in New Zealand and Australia and has longstanding partnerships with major travel agency networks and airlines including Flight Centre Travel Group and Air New Zealand. Cover-More has operations in 22 countries across five continents with leading market positions also in Ireland, India, in the USA and in Latin America. Cover-More Group was acquired by Zurich Insurance Group in 2017.
Need to make a claim?
You can submit your claim online through the Cover-More Online Claims Centre.
These benefits are only available on Options policies. Cover relating to COVID-19 for New Zealand residents and citizens only. Inbound visitors to New Zealand are not covered for COVID-19 related benefits.
There is no cover for claims directly or indirectly arising from or caused by government travel bans; "Do not travel" warnings; government directed border closures; or mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel. There is no cover for any transport or accommodation costs arising from a government or public health authority directing you into a period of quarantine which is mandatory for travellers related to cross area, border, region or territory travel. (This exclusion applies regardless of you being diagnosed with COVID-19 or having come into contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19).
Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance administered by Cover-More (NZ) Ltd, underwriten and issues by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL) incorporated in Australia, ABN 13 000 296 640, trading a Zurich New Zealand. Consider the Policy Brochure and wording therin before deciding to buy this product. For further information see Zurich New Zealand's financial stength rating. © 2019 CoverMore Ltd.