Te Rūnanga o Ngā Toa Āwhina Kōmiti is committed to providing a better working life for Māori, promoting unity and strength for Māori members across our union. In line with our commitment to our Māori members and to Te Tiriti o Waitangi we work to uphold the following values:
- Māori origins, customs and traditions should be considered, respected and appreciated as a whole.
- To be effective in responding to the needs and aspirations of Māori, we must uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles.
- We strive for strong participation and consultation processes to create effective decision making for Māori membership.
- We build strong delegate capability within the delegate structure of Te Rūnanga.
To ensure we maintain these values, we have introduced Māori kaupapa, consistent with the Māori world view, to help us define and maintain our focus on the bettering of working lives for our Māori members.
Ngā Kaupapa o Te Rūnanga o Ngā Toa Āwhina
- Kotahitanga - Unity and Solidarity
- Rangatiratanga - Empowering Māori Leadership
- Kaitiakitanga - Protection of Māori to secure fair working
conditions in the workplace
- Manaakitanga - Health and Wellbeing
- Wairuatanga - Cultural behaviour
- Whakahiato Umanga - Career Development
- Whanaungatanga - Personalise whānau
- Whakamana - Effectiveness
Ngā Kaupapa also asks Māori members to be role models in practice and that, in doing so, they educate, inform and protect their colleagues in line with a Māori world view.
These Kaupapa support our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to advancing the ‘principles of partnership, protection and participation’ in activities pursuant to our purpose and objectives, as they relate to the working lives of members.
Ngā Kaupapa O Te Rūnanga o Ngā Toa Āwhina PDF file | 210 KB